Sunday 13 September 2020

A TEACHER IN TIMES OF CORONA

 

I am a teacher, 
Yes, am a teacher and I remember-
Once, I was a teacher all flesh and blood,
Now, am a dunce- struggling and juggling
With so many Apps, Vlogs and all that
Zoom, Google, G suite Meet's flash flood
Desperately handling all till I collapse.

Yes, I am a teacher, and I remember-
Once, an actor, a doctor, a nurse, 
An advisor, a friend in a class.
Now, a pop-up face on a black screen
Dinky-winky like a crownless queen.
Once, my roar boomed the class
Now, some pathetic petty phrases-
"Am I audible, visible...
Can you see...
Could you mute your audio.
Please switch on your video..."

Yes, I am a teacher,
Our entity now online...
The deserted school with deafening silence
Wears the look of a fairy tale castle
And the empty playground with no footfall
Without chirpy children like the cruel 
Corona's garden with winter all around

Even then, I am a teacher,
A reincarnated soul in an online body
Reaching unknown spheres
And exploring unreachable zones
With a hope-
"If winter comes, can spring be far behind?" 
And, with this hope-
I keep going extra mile not just to be 
Some legendary or mystical creature
But because I know that 
I can't be a forgotten lore...

Yes, I am a teacher, 
And, feel proud to say-
A teacher of all times,
A teacher of all seasons.
'Dedicated to all teachers on Teacher's Day'


No comments:

Post a Comment